Monday, August 22, 2011

Follow up/Updates From Older Posts #2

Follow up on Work & Jealousy:

I realized after I published that post that I never finished writing all the things that I had wanted to post, I had never even gotten around to telling about work or the jealousy that I was feeling. The good news is that I no longer remember why I was so worked up and jealous, I guess in that regard I am happy with life.  Marley and I are also doing a lot better at this whole living together thing.  I never thought being married could be so different from having roommates and brothers but I was definitely wrong.  Our life is pretty good right now even if it isn't any less stressful.

I feel like people who live together without getting married or people who go into it saying, "we can always get divorced if it doesn't work out," or women who don't change their last name "just in case", are really just leaving one foot out the door.  If you aren't prepared to put your whole self into it then you shouldn't be in a relationship.  And if you are prepared to put your whole self into it then you should. The end. No if's, and's, or but's.  There's not much worse than a half lived life.

3 comments:

  1. Good call, Christina. I wholeheartedly agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree. 100%. I can't imagine what it would be like if Jeff or I had that attitude of "trying it out" or temporariness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and it is amazing how different having a husband is than living with roommates, brothers, or you father. I was surprised, too. So many more emotions involved. At least for me.

    ReplyDelete